- DROPPED CHARGES: In some instances, we can have your case dropped before charges are even filed. Once the Prosecutor’s Office receives the report, we make contact with them and begin defending you. This is the advantage of having a former prosecutor defending you – we’ve been there, we know what evidence they are looking for, and we know what evidence doesn’t help them. For best results, contact our office as soon as you believe you are a suspect in a crime and / or the subject of a criminal investigation?
- REDUCED CHARGES: We can negotiate with the Prosecutor for drastically reduced charges. For example, a domestic violence offense can often be reduced to a disturbing the peace or non-violence related charge;, a DUI can sometimes be reduced to Reckless Driving, or , a robbery charge may be reduced to a simple theft. As most criminal cases comprise a unique set of variables, the degree to which your charges may be reduced will be dependent on various factors such as prior offenses, actual evidence, and other specifics surrounding your particular situation. Of course, a Former Prosecutor negotiating on your behalf will always benefit you, given the unique circumstances of dealing with former colleagues.
- JURY TRIAL: If factors such as inadmissible evidence, improper procedure, lack of probable cause, illegal arrest, unlawful search and seizure, or other crucial factors exist, we can file a Pre-trial “Motion to Suppress.” If successful, the entire case may be dismissed, or the prosecution’s most incriminating evidence may be thrown out. At this point, we will take the case to jury trial, and with our firm’s extensive trial experience, we will use that to your benefit as we seek “NOT GUILTY” verdicts
- SENTENCE MITIGATION: In the event of a conviction, we can mitigate sentencing & penalties, persuading the court for more lenient punishment and jail alternatives such as community service, an alcohol or drug treatment program, suspended sentencing, probation in lieu of jail, reduced fines, sober living, anger management classes, etc.
What We Will Do To Fight for Your Case
- We listen to what did and didn’t happen, ask pertinent questions, and assess the potential strength and or weaknesses of the case against you. We will advise you of what actions to take, what not to do, what not to say, whom you should not speak with, how to protect yourself going forward, and identify potential strategies pending review of your police report, witness statements, and any other documents or evidence affecting your case.
- Obtain and review police reports pertaining to your arrest or criminal investigation.
- Compile a list of all possible witnesses and statements concerning your case. Interview and question all parties concerned.
- Visit the scene of the arrest or alleged crime, if necessary, combing for evidence and disproving factors while notating irregularities and any contradicting or conflicting statements cited in the police report.
- Conduct a thorough background check of all potential witnesses and involved parties, looking for discrediting information which may compromise their credibility
- We may even hire a private investigator, when applicable, to prove or disprove essential elements of your case.
- We often employ an independent laboratory to test, document, and testify as to the reliability of evidence and / or samples related to your case.
- Evaluate the chain of events leading up to and resulting in your arrest and detention, looking for improper adherence to procedure, collection and handling of evidence, equipment maintenance records, lack of probable cause, illegal search and seizure, and other criteria to potentially strengthen your defense.
A Criminal Law Firm Committed to Your Defense
As a former prosecutor, Rudjard Hayes knows the ins and outs of the criminal justice system, including prosecutorial guidelines, and how to negotiate most effectively with prosecutors and judges. . In addition to personally handling your case from arraignment through trial, our criminal defense attorneys are available to you during every step of the criminal process. Sanchez, Hayes & Associates guarantees that you will receive the undivided, personal attention you deserve.